Jiwa Farrell for Lakeland City Commission
FOR THE FUTURE
VOTE NOVEMBER 5TH
* My Story *
Lakeland has been my home for over a decade, and I've watched it grow and change in that time. Truthfully, that change hasn't always been for the better, so I'm looking to help create a Lakeland that will stand up for and support everyone.
As a lupus patient advocate, I've worked to give a voice to the voiceless, and a face to an "invisible disease" that so often leaves its victims without the ability to even get out of bed. Through my efforts on Capitol Hill, and the coalition that has been formed behind lupus advocacy, we've made amazing progress in research, legislation, and helping the people facing this disease.
I want everyone to have a seat at the table, including those who wouldn't be traditionally represented or heard from. That's why my platform is concentrated on lifting up the middle class and struggling families that make up the silent majority of our city; keeping Lakeland Electric honest and accountable to the people; and working with the City on their homelessness initiative.
The election is right around the corner, and to tell you the truth, I need your help if we're going to make a difference for the people of Lakeland. Getting involved in my campaign is simple and your volunteer efforts will go a long way. To get started or ask questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Platform *
Let's Work to Move Lakeland Forward!
- Maintain Ownership of Lakeland Electric.
- Keep up maintenance on Unit 3.
- Have a plan in place before Unit 3 shuts down such as purchasing power from another city.
-Explore alternative power sources.
Capitalizing on Existing Infrastructure
- We have the infrastructure to utilize dark fiber to...
- Provide the citizens of Lakeland with equal and equitable access to internet services.
- You've been paying for it so lets use it.
- We'll have another utility service here in Lakeland.
- Utilize existing infrastructure for affordable and accessible housing.
- Continue to support existing homelessness initiatives.
-Whether it's a fresh start or longer-term housing, we can help provide...
-a hand up.
- Build upon existing relationships and create new relationships with individuals and groups dedicated to helping those in our community who need a fresh start like residential services or job retraining.
* Ways to Help *
Let's Work Together
Want to join our efforts but not sure where to start? There are several ways to lend your support....
Join Our Campaign
1. Make a Campaign Contribution
2. Register People to Vote
4. Phone Bank/Text Bank
Because of the generosity and involvement of people like you, your contributions of money, time, and talent help our campaign to move Lakeland forward.
Donate to My Campaign
Every donation makes a difference: $1, $2, $3, $5.... It all adds up. Let's work together Lakeland!
Contact Jiwa Farrell for Lakeland City Commission